Mathematical Modelling of Immune Dynamics
(Click here for Fall 2002)
Under the supervision of:
Latest version: immuno2.pdf (not finished)
|March 21, 2003
||Last meeting with Jack and John. It was decided that mark for the reading course would be assigned for a final project to be presented to them at the end of May. Any additional reading done to complete the final project will be posted.
|March 11, 2003
||Meeting with John about MHC and read articles.
|February 27, 2003
- D. J. Smith, S. Forrest, D. H. Ackley, and A. S. Perelson. Variable efficacy of repeated annual influenza vaccination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 96:14001-14006, 1999.
- Derek J. Smith, Alan S. Lapedes, Stephanie Forrest, Jan C. deJong, Albert D. M. E. Osterhaus, Ron A. M. Fouchier, Nancy J. Cox, and Alan S. Perelson. Modeling the effects of updating the influenza vaccine on the efficacy of repeated vaccination. In A. D. M. E. Osterhaus, N. J. Cox, and A. W. Hampson, editors, Options for the Control of Influenza Virus IV, volume 1219 of International Congress Series pp. 655-660, Amsterdam, 2001. Excerpta Medica (Elsevier). Proceedings of the World Congress on Options for the Control of Influenza Virus IV, Crete, Greece, 23-28 September 2000.
|February 20, 2003
No meeting (reading week).
- J. K. Percus, O. E. Percus, and A. S. Perelson. Predicting the size of the T-cell receptor and antibody combining region from consideration of efficient self-nonself discrimination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 90:1691-1695, 1993.
- R. R. Hightower, S. Forrest, and A. S. Perelson. The evolution of emergent organization in immune system gene libraries. In L. J. Eshelman, editor, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 344-350, San Francisco, CA, 1995. Morgan Kaufman
- R. R. Hightower, S. Forrest, and A. S. Perelson. The Baldwin effect in the immune system: Learning by somatic hypermutation. In R. K. Belew and M. Mitchell, editors, Adaptive Individuals in Evolving Populations, pp. 159-167, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1996.
|February 13, 2003
Reading with John about chromosomes, alleles, etc.
- "Kuby Immunology 4th Edition", Chapter 7: MHC.
|February 6, 2003
Reading with John about DNA, RNA, genes, etc.
- "Kuby Immunology 4th Edition", Chapter 9: TCR.
|January 30, 2003
Reading with Jack about ribbon/ball-and-stick/space filling diagrams.
- "Kuby Immunology 4th Edition", Chapter 5: B-cell receptors.
|January 23, 2003
- "Kuby Immunology 4th Edition", Chapter 4: Ig structure
(of interest: antigen structure and ribbon diagrams).
|January 16, 2003
- N. Jerne, "Towards a network theory of the immune system", Ann. Immunol. (Inst. Pasteur) 125C, 373-389, 1974.
Last modified: November 10, 2011, 11:01.